Facebook allows you to turn your business into a Wi-Fi hotspot by allowing customers to simply check-in to your location without the hassle of passwords or codes using Facebook’s free Wi-Fi service. With it, you can combine the benefits of social media and free customer Wi-Fi to enhance customer experience, brand loyalty, and customer reach. With 96% of shoppers preferring locations that offer free Wi-Fi, it is an effortless way to connect more people to your brand.
In a few simple clicks, customers can check into your business page, instantly gaining access to current news, deals, and offers. Additionally, Facebook will prompt the users to like your page, potentially allowing the connection go beyond just the check-in. The check-in will drive engagement and increase traffic, showing up on Facebook timelines and newsfeeds to provide immediate brand exposure. Not only can you provide exclusive deals to loyal customers, you can learn more about the people connecting to your network and create a better user experience. You can access the demographic data of everyone who checks-in, which can allow for better target marketing and advertising. Furthermore, the more check-ins you receive, the higher your page may rank on Facebook graph search and the local page tab.
To set up Facebook Wi-Fi for your business:
- Log into Facebook
- Ensure that you have a router that supports Facebook Wi-Fi and enable the Facebook the sign in on Facebook option. The list below displays all the available routers and their proper set up process:
- Meraki wireless products
- Launch your router’s admin console and select Sign on with Facebook in the Splash Page section.
- Cisco wireless product
- Log into your Connect & Engage dashboard from the Cisco Mobility Service Engine 8.0 and select Facebook Wi-Fi on the menu.
- Netgear R6300v2 Wi-fi router
- Visit this site and select Advanced tab. Next select Facebook Wi-Fi > Configure.
- D-Link Facebook Wi-Fi AC1750 router
- Visit this site and select the Set up tab > Guest Zone. Check the boxes Enable Guest Zones and Enable Facebook Wi-Fi.
- Open Mesh wireless products
- Login to your network here and select Facebook Wi-Fi in the SSID #1 Splash Page Section.
- Aruba Networks wireless products
- Select Facebook Wi-Fi for sign on, and select your desired session length and terms of service.
- Intelbras Roteador HotSpot 300
- Visit the IP address listed in your manual, and start the Install wizard. Select Facebook for Wi-fi access.
- Ruckus Wireless products
- Log into ZoneDirector. Select Configure > WLANs > Create WLAN > for WLAN Type, select Social Media > for Social Media Login, select Facebook.
- ASUS RT-AC680, RT-N18U, DSL-AC680, and DSL-AC68R routers
- Log into Web GUI. Select Guest Network > Facebook Wi-Fi and enable Wi-Fi.
- AirPo W312F
- Log into the Web GUI. Select Network > Facebook Wi-Fi and enable Wi-Fi.
- The Facebook Wi-Fi configuration panel will display a new window and in the drop down menu select the Facebook Page correlated with your business’ location.
- In the Bypass Mode section, select whether your customers connect with a provided code or select a link to skip check in.
- In the Session Length section, select the length of time customers will have Wi-fi for after they check in.
- If you would like your customers to accept Terms of Service before accessing the Wi-Fi, select the box Optional: Add your own Terms of Service and enter your terms of service.
- Select Save Settings.