THE CREATIVE CHECKLIST
Great ad creative doesn’t come from luck, or even talent. Great ad creative happens when you reinforce an authentic brand story with established best practices. Here are a few to get you thinking about ads that work on Streaming TV.
- Do you open with impact to hook your viewers?
What happens in the first 3-5 seconds of your ad? Does it really pop?
- Does your brand personality come through?
Is your ad authentic? Does it speak to who you are and what you’re about? Is the tone right?
- Does your ad start and end with your brand name or logo?
You never want the viewer wondering,
What is this an ad for?
- Do you have a mix of text on screen and VO to reinforce your message?
Did you get your graphics and audio right? Are they on brand? Are they memorable?
- Does your ad have a clear, singular message?
In this case, less is more. More memorable.
- Do you end with a clear call to action (on screen for at least 3 seconds)?
What does the viewer walk away with? Will they remember what you had to say?
- Are you telling a compelling story that is unique to your brand?
Do you know what your competition is up to? What makes your message and ads stand out?
- Nice to have: Does your ad make a clever nod to the streaming viewer and their environment or preferences?
People watching Streaming TV bring a different set of expectations to the viewing experience. Can you tap into this?
- Is your creative tailored to your audience and their values?
Think through your target audience. Are you trying to reach a new segment with this ad?